- About Linwood
- Learning Areas
Kia ora, parents and student athletes,
***Exciting coaching and managing positions are opening, if you're interested in helping our student athletes succeed, get in touch, contacts below***
Linwood College prides itself on delivering a fun, safe environment for students to participate and succeed in a range of co-curriculum endeavours.
Tuesday is our city's sports day for intermediate students (year 7 and 8), and students are expected to play a sport each term if physically able. For our students year 9 and above sport is played either Monday (Volleyball only, Tuesday if Monday is a day off), Wednesday, or in the weekend (Rugby Union only), with Wednesday being the dominant sporting day for high school athletes. It is expected that each student is involved in at least one co-curriculum activity (sport, culture, music etc.) each term. This is because we recognise the positive role that co-curricular involvement plays in each student’s development and education journey. It is expected that student athletes compete in their chosen sporting field for school and not a club if the school offers the code, and is able to support the student to a high standard.
We have strong ambitions in health, physical education and co-curricular sports and are driving a pride culture through our sport so expect the highest levels of dedication and application from our students.
A few rules that apply to our athletes:
- You fill out a registration if required for your code.
- You pay before you are able to play.
- You are obligated to turn up to training otherwise you will not play (if you cannot make a training you should get in touch with someone from your coaching team).
- You are still dedicated to your school work, this means not over committing to co-curricular activities and managing time.
- Think about elite level athletes and teams and hold yourselves to their standards.
- Players must have an attendance over 80% to represent the school in any sport. Student athletes need to have over 80% attendance the week of their game and every school week if they desire to go to a tournament.
- You return your permission slip to play to Mr McIntosh.
Remember that it is a privilege to be able represent Linwood College with pride.
Linwood College Sports Coordinator
Phone: 0279606558 or 03 982 0100 ext 828